Sixth Grade Curriculum Goals
1. Review patterns of all known note durations in simple triple and compound triple meters through performing and improvisation with voice and instruments.
2. Identify and perform syncopated patterns using voice and instruments.
3. Identify dotted eighth and sixteenth note patterns in song repertoire.
4. Improvise dotted eighth and sixteenth note patterns using voice and instruments.
5. Compose rhythm pieces using all known durations and notate with correct standard notation.
6. Perform and identify syncopated patterns through movement and improvisation.
7. Identify and perform patterns with changing meters and changing tempos. Identify and perform patterns using augmentation and diminution.
1. Review do pentatonic, la pentatonic, and do hexatonic scales through performing, improvising, and composing.
2. Identify ti in song repertoire.
3. Add ti to do hexatonic scale using voice, solfege syllables, and hand signs.
4. Improvise and compose melodies using do major scale (Ionian mode).
5. Compare do major (Ionian) and la minor (Aeolian) scales through performing, improvising, and composing.
6. Identify and perform half steps and whole steps using voice and instruments.
7. Sing songs in 4-part canon.